UPDATE 2/14: As of today, February 14, 2022, all COVID restrictions on Valero dock operations have been rescinded.
The following was received from Valero:
“With the recent uptick in COVID cases, we have reinstated some more strict access guidance to all parts of the refinery. As far as visitors to vessels I will start with what will be allowed.
These are in effect until 31 Jan 2022, unless notified they have been rescinded earlier.
- Attendance to administer vaccinations will be allow of all crewmembers with prior approval
- Understanding the crew relief issues, Valero will do all that is possible to accommodate crew changes while berthed. Note this does not include delaying vessel sailing.
- All emergency medical evacuations will be approved.
- All essential vessel visits will have to be requested but will be approved
- All federal and state ad any regulatory visitors will be approved.
- The stricter of the 2 entities in the transfer (Valero the vessel) will be enforced.
As we get to visits which can be accommodated at anchor we will be less likely to allow attendance.
The goal (which is shared by all) is to minimize attendance and interaction to only what is necessary and reduce any contact, and maintain social distancing
And note ALL ATTENDANCE must be requested in writing to the St Charles or Meraux Marine ops emails. These requests also must be approved. Prior to attending the vessel.
Any attendance which can be accommodated without physically attending the vessel and any non-essential visits.
Also note, vessel will have similar requirements. As an example, please see the following;
For precautions against Covid-19 virus, please ensure all persons boarding the vessel are healthy, do not have any high temperature/headache/cough/cold/running nose/difficulty in breathing.
Any person displaying above stated symptoms of Covid-19 virus shall not be permitted to board the ship.
The above shall also be requested of all personnel entering Valero facilities.
ALL COMUNICATION IS TO INCLUDE COMFRIMATION THE VESSEL HAS NO COVID CASES OR COVID LIKE SYMPTOMS ON BOARD
If COVID is on board, arrangements will be made to minimize all interaction while berthed, including electronic or “bucket” DOI’s/pre transfer paperwork, and all other mitigations deemed necessary to minimize contact.
Please feel free to contact Tim Long at (985)764-4716 or email@example.com if there are any questions.”