The Area Port Director’s office and associated staff, along with the Entry, FP&F, Vessel Repair, and Import Specialist Units will be closed on the days listed below in observance of the respective federal holidays:
- New Year’s Day Monday, January 2, 2023, observed
- Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Monday, January 16, 2023
- Washington’s Birthday (President’s Day) Monday, February 20, 2023
- Memorial Day Monday, May 29, 2023
- Juneteenth National Independence Day Monday, June 19, 2023
- Independence Day Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day Monday, September 4, 2023
- Columbus Day Monday, October 9, 2023
- Veteran’s Day Friday, November 10, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Christmas Day Monday, December 25, 2023
- New Year’s Day 2024 Monday, January 1, 2024
Mardi Gras Day, Tuesday, February 21, 2023, is not a federal holiday. Regular hours will be observed at all locations except the Centralized Examination Station [CES] which will be closed due to parade traffic. If the Container Terminals are open, CBP will be on site to staff the Radiation Portal Monitors [RPMs]. Additional information on relocating the Marine Division due to parade traffic the weekend before Mardi Gras, and on Mardi Gras Day, will disseminated via a Southern Currents closer to Mardi Gras.
Airport and Seaport Operations:
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Port of New Orleans Airport and Seaport operations observe regular hours on federal holidays.
- The Centralized Examination Station (CES) is closed on federal holidays.
- The Radiation Portal Monitors (RPMs) follow the Terminal Operator’s schedule on federal holidays. If the terminal is open, CBP staffs the RPMs. If the terminal is closed, CBP does not staff the RPMs.
Outlying CBP Ports of Entry:
- The Port of Morgan City observes regular hours on federal holidays.
- The Ports of Baton Rouge, Lake Charles and Shreveport are open for specific services via appointment on federal holidays. Requests for services on a federal holiday should be made by contacting the port office on the business day preceding the federal holiday.
- The Port of Gramercy is closed on federal holidays. Requests for services should be directed to the Port of New Orleans Operations Desk.
Direct questions or concerns to Assistant Port Director Mark Choina at email@example.com