The Area Port Director’s office and associated staff, along with the Entry, FP&F, Vessel Repair, and Import Specialist Units will be closed on the days listed below in observance of the respective federal holidays:
New Year’s Day Friday, December 31, 2021, observed
Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Monday, January 17, 2022
Washington’s Birthday (President’s Day) Monday, February 21, 2022
Memorial Day Monday, May 30, 2022
Juneteenth National Independence Day Monday, June 20, 2022
Independence Day Monday, July 4, 2022
Labor Day Monday, September 5, 2022
Columbus Day Monday, October 10, 2022
Veteran’s Day Friday, November 11, 2022
Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 24, 2022
Christmas Day Monday, December 26, 2022, observed
New Year’s Day 2023 Monday, January 2, 2023, observed
Mardi Gras Day, Tuesday, March 1, 2022, is not a federal holiday. Regular hours will be observed at all locations except the Centralized Examination Station [CES] which will be closed due to parade traffic. If the Container Terminals are open, CBP will be on site to staff the Radiation Portal Monitors [RPMs]. Additional information on relocating the Marine Division due to parade traffic the weekend before Mardi Gras, and on Mardi Gras Day, will disseminated via a Southern Currents closer to Mardi Gras.
Airport and Seaport Operations:
• U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Port of New Orleans Airport and Seaport operations observe regular hours on federal holidays.
• The Centralized Examination Station (CES) is closed on federal holidays.
REPLY TO: CBP PORT DIRECTOR, 423 CANAL STREET, SUITE 260, NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA 70130
• The Radiation Portal Monitors (RPMs) follow the Terminal Operator’s schedule on federal holidays. If the terminal is open, CBP staffs the RPMs. If the terminal is closed, CBP does not staff the RPMs.
Outlying CBP Ports of Entry:
• The Port of Morgan City observes regular hours on federal holidays.
• The Ports of Baton Rouge, Lake Charles and Shreveport are open for specific services via appointment on federal holidays. Requests for services on a federal holiday should be made by contacting the port office on the business day preceding the federal holiday.
• The Port of Gramercy is closed on federal holidays. Requests for services should be directed to the Port of New Orleans Operations Desk.
Direct questions or concerns to Assistant Port Director Mark Choina at email@example.com
Mark S. Choina
Assistant Port Director
New Orleans, Louisiana