The LMR has dropped below 8’ and is on the fall.
Per the attached CRPPA restrictions, the following applies:
- Maximum vessel length for General Anchorage is now 500 ft.
- ‘Daylight-only’ requirements for ‘heads-down’ mooring and stern-first mooring at Chalmette Slip are rescinded.
HIGH RIVER ADVISORIES TO RIVER PILOTS
8 ft River Carrolton Gauge
- Below 8 feet Maximum length for General Anchorage 500 ft
- 8ft and above Maximum length for General Anchorage 600 ft
- Head downs (daylight only)
- Stern first Chalmette Slip (daylight only)
12 ft River Carrolton Gauge
- Any mooring operations requiring a line boat. (daylight only)
- Chalmette Slip (daylight only) two tractor tugs; No sternfirst
- No head downs
16 ft River Carrolton Gauge
- Vessel draft in excess of 30 ft or greater and pilot ordered after 1600 hrsand fog predicted: Minimum one assist tug required