The USACE held a Navigation Restoration Team Conference today.
Highlights from today’s conference:
NWS/NOAA – (See attached for full briefing package)
▪ Now Hurricane Barry
▪ Hurricane Warning remains in effect from Intracoastal City to Grand Isle.
▪ Tropical Storm Warning in effect Grand Isle to the mouth of the Pearl River, including the
cities of New Orleans and Baton Rouge and west from Intracoastal City to Cameron.
▪ Increasing bands of showers and thunderstorms with heavy rainfall today.
▪ Excessive rainfall 10-15 with a narrow band of 15 to 20 inches expected; locally higher
amounts possible. Life-threatening flash flooding possible!
▪ Gusty winds 30 to 65 mph with some gusts near 80 mph near the center and in bands.
▪ Tornadoes and waterspouts.
At Southwest Pass
• This afternoon south winds 30-35kts Gusts to 45kts. Wave heights of 8-12 occasional 15 feet is possible.
• This evening south 25-30 gusts 40 kts; wave heights 6-10 occasionally 12 feet.
• Sunday morning south 20-25 gusts 35kts; wave heights 6-8 occasionally 10 feet.
• Sunday afternoon south near 20kts; wave heights 5 to 7 feet occasionally 9.
• Monday morning near 15kts gusts 20kts; wave heights 3 to 5 feet occasionally 7.
(See the attached for full details.)
- All preparations have been made. Now monitoring.
- New Orleans (Carrollton Gage) now predicted to crest at 17.
- No dredging ops in SWP.
- SWP surveys on Monday at earliest.
- Port Condition Zulu COTP New Orleans (Closure of Port-Stop all vessel movements) set. (Click here)
- USCG conducting Search and Rescue operations.
- Port Zulu set for COTP Houma which includes Houma, Morgan City, Fourchon, New Iberia, Intracoastal City, Lafayette.
- All river gates closed in Orleans Parish.
- Seabrook closed. Sector gates closed or are closing.
- BAR –
- Reports of 4-5 meter seas with high wind (35 kt) gusts.
- Will move equipment and people back down after the storm as soon as they can.
- CRPPA –
- Preparing for reopening.
- NOBRA –
- Reports 20 ships ready to sail.
- Federal –
- Developing queue for transits
- GICA – Monitoring.
- GNOBFA – Monitoring.