The USCG held a Port Coordination Team conference today. Here is a summary of that meeting.
NOAA/NWS Crest Predictions
- The LMR should crest at 20’ at New Orleans at noon on Saturday.
- The ‘crest’ should be a 24-hour event from rise to crest to fall.
- Unsure what kind of rainfall event will happen during that period of time.
- All locks fully operational at this time.
- Possible overtopping at IHNC and Harvey locks. Steps being taken to protect structures.
- Bonne Carre Spillway is open.
- No plan to open more gates at this time.
- Operations closed.
- Beginning to make plans to move BAR equipment out of Venice.
- CRPPA –
- 122 ships in port and 28 ships outside.
- Will safely move in-harbor moves if they can safely be done and if a pilot can make it to the ship.
- NOBRA – Continue to move ships in AOR (anchorages to dock and vice versa).
- Federal Pilots – Possibly will move last vessel in at 0700 tomorrow. No guarantee.
- Waived off other inbound vessels tomorrow.
- At that this time;not surethe RNA will be enacted.
- Port Condition Whiskey to be set shortly (today).
- Expect rapid progression through the Port Conditions to Zulu (Friday).
- Note: Port Condition Zulu will effectively shut downall vessel movementsin the port.