The USACE held a Navigation Restoration Team Conference today.
Highlights from today’s conference:
NWS/NOAA – (See attached for full briefing package – Note the ’tracks’ are preliminary)
- High confidence in eventual development of a tropical system.
- At this time its ‘Potential Tropical Cyclone 2’
- Possible Tropical Storm late tomorrow or Friday morning.
- Tropical Storm Watch for mouth of LMR.
- Large rainfall amounts with up to 18” of rain possible in some areas.
- Stronger winds expected late Thursday through weekend.
- New Orleans Carrollton Gage Forecast – Approximately 20’ late Friday into Saturday.
- Potential overtopping at IHNC lock and possibly Harvey lock.
- Dredges monitoring. WHEELER is en rouge New Orleans moorings.
- Empire lock and sector gates closing.
- There are no plans to open more gates at Bonne Carre based on the current forecast.
- Expect Port Condition Whiskey soon with rapid escalate through Zulu (Closure of Port) on Friday.
- Closing all river gates on flood walls in Orleans Parish.
- Will keep Felocity Gate open as long as possible.
- BAR – Monitoring. Reports that water is over their Venice docks at this time. May have to cease ops as early as this afternoon.
- CRPPA – Monitoring. Closure of LMR Flood gates (Henderson, Felocity, and Napoleon) will prevent pilots from reaching vessels.
- Flooding in Venice also. Will coordinate ship transits with BAR Pilots.
- NOBRA – No report.
- Federal – Monitoring. Expect changes in operations. Will give as much advance notice as possible.
- GICA – Monitoring.
- GNOBFA – Monitoring.