The Area Port Director’s office and associated staff, along with the Entry, FP&F, Vessel Repair, and Import Specialist Units will be closed on the days listed below in observance of the respective federal holidays:
New Year’s Day Friday January 1, 2021
Martin Luther King Day Monday January 18, 2021
President’s Day Monday February 15, 2021
Memorial Day Monday May 31, 2021
Independence Day (observed) Monday July 5, 2021 observed
Labor Day Monday September 6, 2021
Columbus Day Monday October 11, 2021
Veteran’s Day Thursday November 11, 2021
Thanksgiving Day Thursday November 25, 2021
Christmas Day Friday December 24, 2021 observed
New Year’s Day 2022 Friday December 31, 2021 observed
Mardi Gras Day, Tuesday February 16, 2021, is not a federal holiday. Regular hours will be observed at all locations except the Centralized Examination Station [CES] which will be closed due to parade traffic. If the Container Terminals are open, CBP will be on site to staff the Radiation Portal Monitors [RPMs]. Additional information on relocating the Marine Division due to parade traffic the weekend before Mardi Gras, and on Mardi Gras Day, will disseminated via a Southern Currents closer to Mardi Gras.
Airport and Seaport Operations:
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Port of New Orleans Airport and Seaport operations observe regular hours on federal holidays.
- The Centralized Examination Station (CES) is closed on federal holidays.
- The Radiation Portal Monitors (RPMs) follow the Terminal Operator’s schedule on federal holidays. If the terminal is open, CBP staffs the RPMs. If the terminal is closed, CBP does not staff the RPMs.
Outlying CBP Ports of Entry:
- The Port of Morgan City observes regular hours on federal holidays.
- The Ports of Baton Rouge, Lake Charles and Shreveport are open for specific services via appointment on federal holidays. Requests for services on a federal holiday should be made by contacting the port office on the business day preceding the federal holiday.
- The Port of Gramercy is closed on federal holidays. Requests for services should be directed to the Port of New Orleans Operations Desk.
Direct questions or concerns to Assistant Port Director Mark Choina at email@example.com