On December 11, 2020, President Trump signed an Executive Order providing for the Closing of Executive Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government on Thursday, December 24, 2020 as a federal holiday. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will operate as a holiday on December 24, 2020.
Port of New Orleans Operations on Thursday December 24, 2020:
- Airport and Seaport operations will observe regular hours.
- The Centralized Examination Station (CES) will be closed.
- The Radiation Portal Monitors (RPMs): The terminal operators have notified CBP that they are closed.
Outlying CBP Ports of Entry Operations on Thursday December 24, 2020:
- The Port of Morgan City will observe regular hours.
- The Ports of Baton Rouge, Lake Charles and Shreveport are open for specific services via appointment.
- The Port of Gramercy will be closed. Requests for services should be directed to the Port of New Orleans Operations Desk.