Setting of Port Condition YANKEE (Modified)
Effective immediately on September 15, 2020, in response to the predicted track of Hurricane SALLY, the Captain of the Port (COTP), Sector New Orleans will set Port Condition YANKEE (modified) in accordance with the Maritime Hurricane Contingency Port Plan (MHCPP) found at https://homeport.uscg.mil/port-directory/new-orleans.
Port Status: Vessel traffic control measures in effect.
Vessel movement and cargo operations are authorized within the COTP New Orleans Zone, as described in Title 33 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 3.40-15 as follows:
• On the Lower Mississippi River from Mile Marker (MM) 20 Above Head of Passes (AHP) to MM 303 AHP
• On the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway (GIWW) from MM 0 (Harvey Lock) to 20 MM West of Harvey Lock (WHL), including the Algiers Canal
• On the GIWW Port Allen – Morgan City Alternate Route from MM 30 to MM 65
• On the Atchafalaya River from MM 0 to MM 45
Algiers and Harvey Locks are expected to be staffed by 1900 on September 15, 2020.
The following portions of the COTP New Orleans Zone remain at Port Condition ZULU:
• The Lower Mississippi River from Mile Marker (MM) 20 Below Head of Passes to MM 20 AHP
• The GIWW from MM 22 to MM 44.2 East of Harvey Lock (EHL)
• The GIWW Alternate Route (refer to MSIB Vol XX Issue 087a for details)
No vessel movement in these areas is permitted without permission from the COTP or designated representative. Please use attachment (1) to request a vessel movement within an area of the port in Port Condition ZULU.
• Regulated Navigation Area (RNA) – East remains closed (refer to MSIB Issue XX Vol 099 for details). The Lake Borgne Surge Barrier and Seabrook Complex are closed.
• RNA – West is open. The West Closure Complex and the Harvey Canal Sector Gate are open.
(1) Request for Vessel Movement Deviation Form – submit via email to D08-PF-VTSNewOrleans-LMR@uscg.mil
For additional information, contact the following:
Waterways Management: (504) 365-2280 Email address: SecNOLA-WPM@uscg.mil
Sector New Orleans Command Center (24 hour): (504) 365-2200
Vessel Traffic Center (24 Hour): (504) 365-2514 or VHF-FM channels 5A, 12, or 67
Coast Guard District Eight Bridges: (504) 671-2128
National Response Center (24 Hour): 1-800-424-8802
DOTD Bridges: (225) 659-2581
Lock Statuses: https://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/LockStatus/