CBP New Orleans has issued a Southern Currents notice identifying department closures that are scheduled for Federal holidays in 2020. See below and attached for details.
SUBJECT: 2020 Federal Holidays for the Area Port of New Orleans
The Area Port Director’s office and associated staff, along with the Entry, FP&F, Vessel Repair, and Import Specialist Units will be closed on the days listed below in observance of the respective federal holidays:
Martin Luther King Day Monday January 20, 2020
President’s Day Monday February 17, 2020
Memorial Day Monday May 25, 2020
Independence Day (observed) Friday July 3, 2020
Labor Day Monday September 7, 2020
Columbus Day Monday October 12, 2020
Veteran’s Day Wednesday November 11, 2020
Thanksgiving Day Thursday November 26, 2020
Christmas Day Friday December 25, 2020
New Year’s Day Friday January 1, 2021
Mardi Gras Day, Tuesday February 25, 2020, is not a federal holiday. Regular hours will be observed at all locations except the Centralized Examination Station [CES] which will be closed due to parade traffic. If the Container Terminals are open, CBP will be on site to staff the Radiation Portal Monitors [RPMs]. Additional information on relocating the Marine Division due to parade traffic the weekend before Mardi Gras, and on Mardi Gras Day, will disseminated via a Southern Currents closer to Mardi Gras.
Airport and Seaport Operations:
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Port of New Orleans Airport and Seaport operationsobserve regular hours on federal holidays.
- The Centralized Examination Station (CES)is closed on federal holidays.
- The Radiation Portal Monitors (RPMs)follow the Terminal Operator’s schedule on federal holidays. If the terminal is open, CBP staffs the RPMs. If the terminal is closed, CBP does not staff the RPMs.
Outlying CBP Ports of Entry:
- The Port of Morgan City observes regular hourson federal holidays.
- The Ports of Baton Rouge, Lake Charles and Shreveport are open for specific servicesvia appointment on federal holidays. Requests for services on a federal holiday should be made by contacting the port office on the business day preceding the federal holiday.
- The Port of Gramercy is closed on federal holidays. Requests for services should be directed to the Port of New Orleans Operations Desk.