Attached is the latest update from the NWS/NOAA.
This update provides more information regarding rainfall and storm-force wind coverage.
- Potential Tropical Cyclone Advisory initiated at 10 AM Wednesday.
- Tropical Storm Watch Mouth of MS River to Morgan City.
- Storm Surge Watch Mouth of the Pearl River to Morgan City.
- Atmospheric conditions and ocean temperatures favor strengthening and tropical system expected to develop into hurricane late Friday into the weekend before reaching the coast.
TS Wind Speed Probabilities
- Low Pressure is expected to move southwest and develop into a Tropical Storm on Thursday
- Tropical system is expected to turn north west Friday and Saturday and approach the coast as a hurricane.
- Tropical Storm Force Winds could begin as early as late Thursday into early Friday.