Due to the Baton Rouge gauge reading 30’ and expected to continue to fall, the following USCG high water recommendations are now in place:
Port Allen Lock LMR MM 219-229:
- All tows greater than 600’ (excluding the towboat) are recommended to employ an assist vessel of at least 1200 hp when entering and exiting the Port Allen Lock.
- All other Canal Tows exiting the Port Allen Lock intending to directly head northbound are recommended to use an assist vessel. All other tows should proceed southbound and then top around at or below MM 221 prior to heading north.
- Companies should staff vessels with their most experienced crews.
- Towing vessels are recommended to catch a headline when entering the Port Allen Lock.
- Vessels will be put on queue for lock turn when their tow is built and may remain in the area in which their tow was built until it is time for lock turn.
Wilkinson Point LMR MM 232-237:
- All restrictions have been rescinded.
The attached MSIB Vol. XIX, Issue 064 supersedes MSIB Vol. XIX, Issue 060, and provides official documentation of the advisory.