The USCG hosted a conference today to discuss the current LMR Navigation situation.
DRAFT RESTRICTION IN PLACE
“Maximum allowable freshwater draft of 42 feet and one-way traffic from MM 02 to MM 04 AHOP at all times until further notice.”
- Dredge working at jump then will move to Cubit’s Gap.
- No plans at this time for dredges working Sunday. That might change.
The following list of vessels will begin convoying inbound immediately after ATB JENNIFER TURECAMO crosses out (entry is in no particular order):
- PUSAN C
- NAVIOS SERENITY
- NAVIOS SPRING
- FAIR OCEAN
- MAERSK DAKAR
- BOW FLORA
- MA LIAN HAI
- KAST OS
- CLIPPER IMABARI
- BYS SABINA
- CPO FINLAND
- TRF BERGEN
- MADHA SILVER
Pilot Navigation Concerns:
- One-way traffic in SWP until backlog cleared.
- Trying to get the two cruise ships to arrive earlier than scheduled to get them in tonight.
- Understand there are ships already loaded above 42’ draft.
- Will keep an eye on surveys and will increase draft as soon as dredging/surveys indicate deeper water is available.
- Suggests moving the vessels over 700′ downbound past MM 81.
- Work with all pilot groups to convoy ships.