Highlights from today’s conference:
NWS/NOAA – (See attached)
- Tropical Storm Gordon.
- Main impact Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday
- Potential winds of 40-60 mph with higher winds of 60-70 mph possible across SE Louisiana.
- Hurricane watch issued for Gulf Coast.
- Tropical Force Winds predicted to arrive SWPass late afternoon Tuesday.
- Not looking at RNA impacts or lock closures at this time.
- The Harvey-LaPalco Flood Sector gate (not the lock) will close today.
- X-Ray set as of 2200 yesterday. (Click here)
- Port Remains Open to all Commercial Traffic
- Vessels must communicate their intentions to Depart or Remain in Port.
- Vessels that stay must submit the REMAINING IN PORT report. (Click here)
- Facilities should report status. (Click here)
- Patrols will be out today.
- No Reports.
BAR – A shutdown operations expected.
No definitive time yet, BUT anticipate a shutdown sometime tonight.
Notifications will be made when decision is finalized.
Not expected to evacuate Venice.
CRPPA – Monitoring. Will follow shutdown in coordination with BAR Pilots.
NOBRA – Monitoring.
Federal – Monitoring. Will make decision of continuity of operations around 1800 tonight.
Notifications will be made at that time.
GICA – Ops normal at this time.
GNOBFA – Monitoring.