- Maximum Vessel Length for General Anchorage – 500 Feet
- Head-down moorings are daylight only.
- Stern-first mooring in Chalmette Slip conducted in daylight only.
High River Advisories to River Pilots
8 ft River Carrolton Gauge
- Below 8 feet Maximum length for General Anchorage 500 ft
- 8ft and above Maximum length for General Anchorage 600 ft
- Head downs (daylight only)
- Stern first Chalmette slip (daylight only)
12 ft River Carrolton Gauge
- Buoys Systems and midstream (MGMT) (daylight only)
- Chalmette slip (daylight only) two tractor tugs; No stern first
- No head downs
16 ft River Carrolton Gauge
- Vessel draft in excess of 30 ft or greater and pilot ordered after 1600 hrs and fog predicted: Minimum one assist tug required
LaMA NOTE: Captain Bopp clarified the requirement for a tug applies to SOUTHBOUND VESSELS ONLY.
Here is the official notice: CRPPA Restrictions – Below 8 foot – Carrollton Gauge.pdf